Date stuffed cookies – maamoul bi tamer. Maamoul cookies are the famous middle eastern shortbread pastries filled with dates or nuts. They are traditional at religious holidays in the Levantine region. Each date and nut cookie is decorated by hand.
Syrians use special wooden maamoul molds to give artistic shapes to the cookies. If you have one, rub it with some vegetable oil before use so the dough won't stick to it. Press one dough ball lightly into the mold and hit its edge on a surface so that the cookie comes out. You can cook Date stuffed cookies – maamoul bi tamer using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Date stuffed cookies – maamoul bi tamer
- Prepare 2 cups of semolina.
- It’s 1 cup of fine semolina, ferkha flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried yeast, dissolved in 2 tablespoons warm water.
- It’s 1 cup of butter, melted.
- You need 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of rose water.
- It’s of For the stuffing:.
- You need 125 g of date paste.
- You need 2 teaspoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 pinch of mahlab, if available.
If a mold is not available, press. Stuff the cookies and form them using this technique. The light is bright and cheerful, to […] Delicious Maamoul, date stuffed cookies, from my Middle Eastern desserts menu. Maamoul Date Cookies (Maamoul bil tamer) are very famous traditional Middle Eastern cookies that Maamoul Cookies With Pistachio and Walnuts Recipe – Mamoul bi Joz w Fustuk
Date stuffed cookies – maamoul bi tamer instructions
- In a bowl, mix the semolina and ferkha flour with the butter. Cover with a kitchen cloth and leave overnight..
- Add the orange blossom water, rose water and dissolved yeast to the flour and butter mixture. Knead until you get a soft dough..
- To prepare the stuffing: melt the butter in a saucepan, add the date paste and mahlab then mash the mix with the back of a spoon until pureed..
- Divide the date paste into small cherry-sized balls and leave them aside for later use..
- Divide the dough into walnut-sized balls. Place the dough ball in the palm of your hand and with your finger make a hole in it. Fill it with a date paste ball; close the dough and roll into a ball..
- Place the ball into the maamoul mold and pack it well inside it for the dough to take the shape of the mold. To unmold, flip the mold and tap it on the table. The cookie will fall out..
- Place the maamoul in an oven tray and bake at high temperature for about 15 to 20 min or until they are blushed..
- Note: These cookies have a long shelf-life. They can be stored in an airtight container..
recipe by Cook Lebanese @cookpad
See great recipes for Date stuffed cookies – maamoul bi tamer too! Add the chocolate chips, dates and bacon. Maamoul is an Arabian cuisine originated cookie recipe made in many. . Add the dates , water, and salt to a food processor. Traditionally, maamoul with dates (also called maamoul bi siwa) is made with a round shaped mold, and maamoul with nuts with an elongated shape mold.