Tamarind and Date chutney. Khajur Imli Ki Chutney or the Date Tamarind Chutney is a sweet and sour tangy chutney made from dates, tamarind, jaggery and spices. Topping this chutney for chaats is an absolute must to have the best chaat experience. To make the Date Tamarind Chutney we pressure cooked the dates, tamarind.
This sweet chutney can be had for making chaat. Stir in the spices and salt. Taste for seasoning: the chutney should be equal parts sweet, salty and sour. You can have Tamarind and Date chutney using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tamarind and Date chutney
- You need 250 gm of tamarind,.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dates deseeded.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar /jaggery,.
- Prepare as required of water,.
- It’s as per taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black salt,.
- Prepare 1/4tsp of red chilli pwder.
- Prepare 1/4tsp of asafoetida.
Add more tamarind, sugar or salt if any of these needs a boost. Tamarind date chutney recipe – It is made from seedless tamarind, dates and jaggery. The taste of it is sweet and tangy. It is also known as Meethi chutney or Sweet chutney.
Tamarind and Date chutney instructions
- First take a bowl add tamarind and dates remove the seed and half cup water..and let it boil for 15so that they r soft.
- After 15 min cool down the mix and grind it..and strain it.
- Then add all the species and add half cup water and add sugar and let it be boil till it 2-3 boil and it little become thick.
- Now after 15-20 min its done cool down the chutney and put in a clean container and kept in a refrigerator for 4-7 months..and let it enjoy with ur fav chat.
recipe by Pooja Agarwal @cookpad
In Hindi, it is called Khajur-imli ki chutney. It is one of the must have three chutneys for chaat recipes. Tamarind chutney or imli chutney is a popular Indian condiment used to make chaats and is also served with snacks like samosas. If you feel the mixture needs more water, add another half cup. Some variety of tamarind and dates are harder and need more water to soften.