Pistachio Shortbread. Are these little lovelies pistachio shortbread or are they pistachios cookies? They're buttery and rich like cookies but tender and crumbly like shortbread. They're also subtly flavored and perfectly sweet.
These crunchy, pistachio-topped cookies are a lovely, pastel shade of green – perfect for your "green theme". Pistachio Shortbread Cookies – A simple slice and bake shortbread cookie loaded with buttery flavor, vanilla beans and pistachios. Our Pistachio Chocolate Shortbread Cookies are a must make this holiday season! You can cook Pistachio Shortbread using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Pistachio Shortbread
- Prepare 200 g of gluten and dairy free plain flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of ground rice or polenta.
- It’s 170 g of dairy free spread.
- Prepare 100 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of water.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 50 g of pistachios chopped.
- It’s 150 g of dairy free dark chocolate melted.
These chocolate shortbread cookies are kissed with pistachios and crunchy. Pistachio Shortbread recipe: These crunchy, pistachio-topped cookies are a lovely, pastel shade of green – perfect for your "green theme" gathering, or St. Cranberry Pistachio Shortbreads Recipe & Video. I don't know who first thought of adding dried red cranberries and green pistachio nuts to a cookie dough but it was a brilliant idea.
Pistachio Shortbread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 150 oC Cream together the dairy free spread and caster sugar until smooth, about 3 minutes Add the water, granulated sugar, flour and ground rice/polenta Stir in the pistachios (reserve a few to decorate your cookies) Mix until it clumps together into a ball Flatten out to about 1cm thick and cut into shapes with a cookie cutter of your choice Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely Half dip the cookies into the melted chocolate and place on a piece of parchment paper Sprinkle on some crushed pistachios and allow to set.
Serve these buttery shortbread cookies with a dollop of apricot jam. We tasted these melt-in-your-mouth morsels at a Christmas party several years ago. Pistachio Shortbread Sandwiches Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Recipe for buttery shortbread cookies loaded with pistachios and flavored with cardamom. Pistachios, however, are a classic Middle Eastern nut and make a lovely addition to this dessert.