Snowball (Boules de Neige).
You can make Snowball (Boules de Neige) using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Snowball (Boules de Neige)
- You need 30 grams of Walnuts.
- It’s 65 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 30 grams of Powdered sugar.
- You need 5 of cm or 2-3 drops Vanilla beans or essence.
- It’s 100 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 30 grams of Almond flour.
- Prepare 1 of Powdered sugar.
Snowball (Boules de Neige) step by step
- Roast the walnuts for 2 minutes in the oven. Finely chop them into 3 -5 mm pieces, but the size is up to you..
- Make lengthwise cuts in the vanilla beans and crack open. Scrape off the seeds with the knife's back..
- Bring the butter to room temperature to soften. Put the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla beans into the bowl, and mix until smooth. Add in the vanilla essence at this step too..
- Sift in cake and almond flour. Add the walnuts, and cut and fold them in. Mix until the mixture forms into one dough..
- Make about 10g balls. Bake in a preheated oven at 340°F/170°C for about 20 minutes..
- Cookies would crack if the chopped walnut is not fine enough, but this is no problem. Powdered sugar will cover them..
- Cool down a bit, and sprinkle powdered sugar. It's easy to coat the cookies with the sugar if you put them in a plastic bag..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad