You can make Cake-style Okonomiyaki using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Cake-style Okonomiyaki
- You need 1 of multiply the amount by 5 Easy Okonomiyaki Even People from Hiroshima likes it Kansa-style.
- You need 900 grams of Cabbage.
- It’s 6 of Green onions.
- It’s 10 slice of Ham.
- You need 500 grams of ◎Cake flour.
- You need 100 grams of ◎Katakuriko.
- It’s 25 grams of ◎Baking powder.
- You need 5 of ◆Eggs.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 tablespoon each ◆Soy sauce, sugar, dashi stock granules.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ◆Salt.
- You need 1 of approx. 800 ml Water.
Cake-style Okonomiyaki instructions
- [Prep] Coarsely chop the cabbage. Chop green onions into small rounds. Dice ham to 1-2 cm. Crack and beat the egg..
- [Prep] Line a cake pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven at 230°C/446°F..
- Combine and mix together all ◎ ingredients in a bowl. Add ◆ ingredients. Add water in 2 to 3 batches and stir..
- When there are no lumps left in the batter, add cabbage, green onion, and ham. Mix. Fold in lightly. It will become hard and glutinous if you knead too much..
- When everything is mixed evenly, pour into the cake pan. Drop lightly onto a flat workplace to remove any air bubbles. Even out the surface..
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour at 230°C/446°F. Remove the aluminum foil to brown. Test with a skewer. If it comes out clean, it's ready to eat..
- Finally, decorate with, aAonori seaweed, bonito flakes, mayonnaise, and sauce..
- Here's the cross-section. It's almost like quiche! It's not fluffy, but really satisfying..
- For the Original Recipe (Kansai-style): Easy Okonomiyaki Even People from Hiroshima likes Kansa-style Okonomiyaki. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144116-easy-okonomiyaki-both-hiroshima-and-kansai-region-natives-love-this.
- For Hiroshima-style: Easy and Quick Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki in a Frying Pan. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144108-simple-hiroshima-style-okonomiyaki-in-a-frying-pan.
- Another Party Recipe: For Parties Okonomiyaki in an Oven https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144115-okonomiyaki-in-the-oven.
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad