Gâteau au Chocolat: Delicious French Chocolate Cake (Gluten-free.
You can cook Gâteau au Chocolat: Delicious French Chocolate Cake (Gluten-free using 5 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Gâteau au Chocolat: Delicious French Chocolate Cake (Gluten-free
- You need 120-130 g of (160-173g) cooking chocolate (You can change the ratio according to your taste. Today I used 70g of milk chocolate and 60 g of dark chocolate).
- Prepare 70 g (93.3 g) of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 20-25 g of (26-33g)cocoa powder.
- Prepare 3 of (4) eggs.
- Prepare 70-80 g of (94-106g) sugar.
Gâteau au Chocolat: Delicious French Chocolate Cake (Gluten-free instructions
- There is a video of it at: https://youtu.be/iOridmMzYFA.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees..
- Line the cake tin with baking parchment. If you spread oil, the parchment sticks easier. But it isn’t essential. If you do not have baking parchment, you could thinly spread butter and sprinkle flour..
- Boil the water in a kettle. Stop it before boiling when it starts to boil..
- Put chocolate and butter into a clean bowl. (I usually use both milk and dark chocolate.).
- Pour hot water in a pan. Not boiling but hot water. Put the bowl with chocolate and butter on top of the pan with hot water as in the photo below. The bowl should be bigger than the pan so that no steams will go into the bowl..
- Melt the chocolate and butter with a spatula. Mix well..
- Add cocoa and mix well and change with a whisk and mix very well. Please wipe the bottom of the bowl as there should be water..
- Put three whole eggs in another clean bowl and add sugar. Whip it with a hand mixer for at least 5 mins until it creates a peak as you can see in the photos below while keeping the eggs warm above the hot water pan which we used for melting chocolate and butter. Preferably the whipped eggs become about human body temperature 36-38 degrees. One of the important things is to keep whipped eggs and the chocolate mix more or less the same temperatures. Never mix "cold" whipped eggs and chocolate..
- Whip the eggs with a mixer for about 5 mins while warm it up until the eggs create a stiff peak. This is very important and essential for this cake. If the whipping is not enough, it does not flaky and sink when it is taken out from the oven. Therefore, please make sure you whip the eggs well..
- Add two to three scoops of the whipped eggs to #7 (chocolate). Mix well until it becomes dark chocolate colour. Add another scoop and repeat it again..
- Then, add #9 into the rest of the whipped eggs. Mix well with folding movement from the edge of the bowl. Repeat the circle movements about 70-100 times until the mixture becomes shiny..
- Pour the batter into the tin. Drop it a few time to get rid of air bubbles. Bake it at 180 degrees for about 20-25 mins. If an inserted skewer comes out clean, you baked it too much. When you shake it, it shakes and an inserted skewer comes with a little bit of chocolate, would be the best..
- Leave the cake for at least several hours to allow it to settle before serving. The cake will shrink slightly. Enjoy this rich yummy chocolate cake. Raspberry sauce recipe at: https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/5715732-easy-raspberry-sauce?via=sidebar-recipes.
recipe by Michiyo @cookpad