classic carrot cake. This carrot cake cake sets the standard for carrot cakes everywhere. Many carrot cakes are extremely sweet. Most folks say it's because we Americans love our sweets extra sweet.
Unlike most carrot cakes, which are heavy and dense, this one is light with a fine texture. Carrot cake muffins, carrot cake cookies, even carrot cake waffles will take the springy dessert to a new level. Jump to the Easy Carrot Cake Recipe or watch our quick recipe video below to see how we make it. You can have classic carrot cake using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of classic carrot cake
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
This carrot cake is simply the best! This is a tried and tested recipe that has been in our family for years. We have enjoyed it endlessly and it gets requests from family and friends all the time. This carrot cake is such a well loved recipe in my family.
classic carrot cake step by step
- preheat oven to 350°F..
- drain pineapple reseveing 2 tbsps of the juice. you may discard the rest or save for another use.
- in a large bowl combine all dry ingredients..
- add eggs, oil, pineapple, carrots and reserved juice blend with a mixer on med speed until combined..
- stir in walnuts.
- transfer to a greased and floured 13×9 baking dish or to 9 inch baking pans bake 35 to 40 minuted.
- cool on wire racks leave in pan 10 minutes the remove if using the round pans.
- I top this cake off with cream cheese frosting and then press more chopped walnut on the top..
- look for my cream cheese frosting recipie!.
recipe by tbessette4 @cookpad
With a hint of cinnamon, soft crunch from nuts, ultra moist crumb and piled high with the This Carrot Cake is from a reader, the lovely Dorothy of Tennessee in the States, a long-time reader of. Moist and packed with flavor from chai spice and cinnamon, this carrot cake, studded with pistachios, is a real winner. The natural sweetness and beautiful color of carrots make them the star ingredient in this easy carrot cake. Wash and peel carrots, grate carrots or pulse in a food processor until chopped small-medium size resembling a medium sized grate. Toss grated carrots in the sifted dry ingredients.