Cinnamon and ginger apple cakes.
You can cook Cinnamon and ginger apple cakes using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon and ginger apple cakes
- It’s of brown sugar.
- It’s of butter.
- Prepare of golden syrup.
- Prepare of black treacle.
- You need of ground ginger.
- It’s of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of milk.
- You need of egg.
- You need of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare of buckwheat flour.
- You need of large bramley apple, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare of icing.
- It’s of icing sugar.
- Prepare of lemons.
Cinnamon and ginger apple cakes step by step
- Preheat the oven to 170 celius. Prepare a fairy cake tray with liners, or you could make one big cake..
- Melt the butter, sugar, golden syrup, treacle, ginger and cinnamon in a pan over a low heat.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in 1 tbsp of boiling water.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and let in cool slightly. Mix in the milk, egg and bicarb.
- Then mix together the apples and flour before stirring in the liquid ingredients.
- It is a very wet mix so use a ice cream scoop/ladle or tablespoon measurer to fill the cases two thirds full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until risen and bouncy.
- Leave to cool before icing.
- For the icing juice the lemons and add enough icing sugar to make a thick icing. Spread over the top of the cakes. Enjoy!.