Quick and Spicy Chickpea Curry (Vegan).
You can cook Quick and Spicy Chickpea Curry (Vegan) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick and Spicy Chickpea Curry (Vegan)
- You need 1 Can of Chickpeas (400g/240g drained).
- Prepare 1 of Red Onion.
- You need 3-5 Cloves of Garlic (to taste).
- You need 5-6 of Babycorn.
- It’s 2 of Ramiro Peppers (or regular bell peppers).
- It’s 15-20 g of Ginger (to taste).
- It’s 4-6 of Green Chili Peppers.
- You need 5-7 of Cherry Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Hot Curry Powder.
- It’s of Herbs and Spices.
- You need of Water.
Quick and Spicy Chickpea Curry (Vegan) instructions
- Dice the red onion, garlic cloves, babycorn (split in two and cut into medium-sized pieces – see photo), Ramiro peppers (medium-sized pieces), ginger (into small cubes), green chili peppers and cherry tomatoes (cut each in half). Drain the chickpeas and rinse them with water..
- Coat a frying pan or wok with olive oil and heat it up. Add the diced onion, garlic, babycorn, Ramiro peppers, ginger, green chili peppers and cherry tomatoes all at once to the pan. Simmer over medium-high heat until the vegetables slightly soften up (not too much)..
- Slightly reduce the heat. Add hot curry powder to the pan (generously, to cover all of the ingredients). Add salt and pepper, as well as various herbs and spices (I recommend: plenty of turmeric, chili flakes, garam masala if you have it, chives). Mix it all together and let it simmer for a minute..
- Add the chickpeas to the pan and mix it all together. Add a small amount of water (around 1dl) to the pan and let it simmer while occasionally stirring the ingredients. When the water slightly evaporates and the sauce gets a slightly thicker consistency, add 1dl more and repeat. When the water evaporates again and the sauce is slightly thicker (and not runny). There should be a fairly generous amount of sauce around the ingredients, but it shouldn't cover them..
- If your sauce covers the ingredients, let it evaporate a bit more (reduce it). If there's not enough of the sauce, repeat step 4 (add some water and let it evaporate). Ideally, you want to get it right in the first or second try (to preserve the flavour and avoid diluting it with water)..
- When the sauce is right, turn off the heat. Serve with basmati rice, naan bread or without a side. Enjoy your meal! 🙂.
recipe by Nino @cookpad