Banana upside down cake (Low Fat).
Ingredients of Banana upside down cake (Low Fat)
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Water.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of butter , unsalted.
- Prepare of Lemon Juice.
- You need 21/2 of Banana , ripe.
- It’s 1 1/4 Cups of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of Cinnamon Powder.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 2/3 Cup of White Sugar Granulated.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Sour Cream Yoghurt or.
- It’s 11/2 of Banana , ripe , pureed.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Essence.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Milk.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of butter , unsalted , melted.
Banana upside down cake (Low Fat) step by step
- Topping: Put the brown sugar, water and butter in an 8 inch pan. Place the cake tin on low flame until the butter melts and the sugar, water and butter is evenly mixed..
- Slice the bananas and place them on top of the brown sugar mixture, slightly overlapping each other..
- Squeeze a couple drops of lemon juice on top of the bananas..
- Cake: Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Put all the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, sugar in a bowl, lightly mix them until all the ingredients are blended together..
- In a second bowl, combine the butter, eggs, pureed bananas, yogurt or sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract, mix thoroughly..
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients in to the wet mixture until it’s all combined. Carefully add in the chocolate if doing so..
- Pour the mixture carefully over the bananas and lightly spread the batter until it evenly covers the pan..
- Put it in the over and let it bake for 40 – 50 mins. You can test it with a toothpick and if it comes out clean then the cake is done..
- Let the cake cool and slowly run a knife along the edge of the pan to help separate the cake from the pan..
- Invert the cake onto the serving platter or a tray lined with aluminium foil..
recipe by Teena Mathew @cookpad