Banana upside down cake (Low Fat).
You can make Banana upside down cake (Low Fat) using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana upside down cake (Low Fat)
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Water.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of butter , unsalted.
- Prepare of Lemon Juice.
- You need 21/2 of Banana , ripe.
- It’s 1 1/4 Cups of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of Cinnamon Powder.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 2/3 Cup of White Sugar Granulated.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Sour Cream Yoghurt or.
- It’s 11/2 of Banana , ripe , pureed.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Essence.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Milk.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of butter , unsalted , melted.
Banana upside down cake (Low Fat) step by step
- Topping: Put the brown sugar, water and butter in an 8 inch pan. Place the cake tin on low flame until the butter melts and the sugar, water and butter is evenly mixed..
- Slice the bananas and place them on top of the brown sugar mixture, slightly overlapping each other..
- Squeeze a couple drops of lemon juice on top of the bananas..
- Cake: Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Put all the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, sugar in a bowl, lightly mix them until all the ingredients are blended together..
- In a second bowl, combine the butter, eggs, pureed bananas, yogurt or sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract, mix thoroughly..
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients in to the wet mixture until it’s all combined. Carefully add in the chocolate if doing so..
- Pour the mixture carefully over the bananas and lightly spread the batter until it evenly covers the pan..
- Put it in the over and let it bake for 40 – 50 mins. You can test it with a toothpick and if it comes out clean then the cake is done..
- Let the cake cool and slowly run a knife along the edge of the pan to help separate the cake from the pan..
- Invert the cake onto the serving platter or a tray lined with aluminium foil..
recipe by Teena Mathew @cookpad