Arabian sweet rice.
You can cook Arabian sweet rice using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Arabian sweet rice
- Prepare 1 cup of basmati rice, rinsed in cold water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of date molasses (date syrup).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of saffron.
- You need 1/4 tablespoon of cardamom, freshly ground.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- Prepare to taste of sea salt,.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter, (or ghee,.
- You need 1/4 cup of mix dry fruits.
Arabian sweet rice step by step
- Combine, saffron, freshly ground cardamom and rose water in a small cup..
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with sea salt to taste. Add the rice and boil uncovered for precisely 8 minutes, then drain..
- Mix the date molasses with the rice, then mix in the rose water mixture..
- Choose a medium sized heavy bottomed pot Melt the butter in it over medium heat. Add 2 Dry fruits and spatula-fulls of rice and mix with the butter, patting down to cover the bottom of the dish. Pile the reminder of the rice in a loose cone shape and poke a few holes in the rice with the spoon handle. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of water over the rice, then cover tightly..
- Place over medium low heat and let cook for 20-25 minutes. Dip the bottom of the pot in cold water for about 30 seconds, then invert the pot onto a serving platter.Garnish with dates and dry fruits..
recipe by Tanuja Keshkar @cookpad