Roasted Rice, Peas, and Ham.
You can make Roasted Rice, Peas, and Ham using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Rice, Peas, and Ham
- It’s 1-1/2 pound of smoked ham I used Smithfield.
- It’s 2 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 5 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen English peas.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground sage.
Roasted Rice, Peas, and Ham step by step
- Render the fat off the skin and fat..
- Cube some of the ham remove the skin and unrendered fat. Add the diced ham..
- Cook the ham till done and add the rice stirring the rice to coat with the drippings..
- When the rice is good and coated it will pick up all the bits off the bottom it will look like this..
- Add the peas and mix in..
- Add the water. This is the important step. Make sure the rice is off the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil..
- Add to the oven, covered for 20 minutes check at 15 to make sure there is liquids in it. When taken out of the oven keep covered for 15 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy.
recipe by skunkmonkey101 @cookpad