Tex's Microwave Dried Herbs 🌿.
You can make Tex's Microwave Dried Herbs 🌿 using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tex's Microwave Dried Herbs 🌿
- It’s 1 large of bowl of herbs.
- Prepare 1 of Microwave.
- Prepare 2 of sheets of kitchen paper.
- It’s 1 large of funnel.
- Prepare 1 of airtight jar.
Tex's Microwave Dried Herbs 🌿 step by step
- Take a bowl full of herbs. My indoor basil plant was growing out of control and I had no dried basil, so the answer was obvious. I trimmed it back enough so that I ended up with almost a full 3 litre bowl (6 pints).
- Now the boring bit… remove all the stems.
- Next, sandwich between two sheets of kitchen paper.
- Now, flatten a little with a heavy book for a few minutes, then transfer to the microwave and heat on high for 1 minute then allow to rest for 30 seconds. Heat again on high for 30 seconds and rest for 30 seconds. Keep heating for 30 seconds and resting for 30 seconds until the herbs are ready to crumble. This will take about 6-10 minutes depending on the power of your microwave..
- Notice how much volume you lose once the water has left the herbs.
- Break up the herbs with a mortar and pestle, or into a bowl with your hands. Leave a few leaves uncrumbled so that their flavour is preserved stronger for longer. Transfer the whole leaves into an air tight container first (I'm using a 70ml/2½ fluid ounce Kilner spice jar). Use a large funnel for the flaked herbs. Clear the spout with a skewer if necessary.
- Finally, seal, label, and try to contain your disappointment at how little you made out of that big bowl full 😸.
recipe by Tex @cookpad