Ladybirds Easy Black Cat Cup Cakes.
You can have Ladybirds Easy Black Cat Cup Cakes using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Easy Black Cat Cup Cakes
- You need 1 of pkt or box , store bought chocolate cake mix , or cake mix of your choice.
- You need 1 of or premade cupcakes/muffins.
- Prepare 1 of long black licorce strap.
- It’s 1 cup of store bought or home made chocolate fudge frosting.
- It’s 12 large of yellow M&M's.
- It’s 6 large of brown M&M's.
- It’s 1 of black icing gel pen.
Ladybirds Easy Black Cat Cup Cakes instructions
- Prepare cake mix according to directions , then pour mixture into cup cake/muffin tray holes and cook according to directions , once cooked set aside to cool completely . (makes about a dozen).
- Whilst the cakes are cooling , take the yellow M&M's and the black gel pen , and working with one at a time draw a line down the center of the yellow M&M , from top to bottom . To create the cats eyes . Repeat with all remaining yellow M&M's and the gel pen then set aside for the gel icing to set ..
- Using the licorice strap , cut 6 by 2cm , square pieces then cut them into two triangles evenly , so you have 12 triangles , to create the cats ears . Then cut 6 by 4cm , long thin strips , to create the cats tails , finally cut 36 by 2cm , thin strips , so to create the cats whiskers ..
- Now the cakes are cooled completely , using the chocolate fudge icing , evenly ice all over the tops of the cupcakes to coat all over the top to represent the cats fur ..
- Place the iced cakes into pairs , joining the two together to represent the cats head and body ..
- Now take 2 , per cake pair , of the licorice triangles , and place them up top end of the first cake in the pair so to create the cats ears on it's head . Repeat with all remaining cakes and ears ..
- Take 2 , per cake pair , of the prepared black stripped M&M and place them just under the licorice ears on the first cake in the pair so to create the cats eyes , then place one brown M&M , per cake pair , in the middle just under the eyes , so to create the cats nose . Repeat with all remaining cakes , eyes and noses ..
- Taking 6 , per cake pair , of the smaller thin strips of the licorice , place 3 each side of the nose on the first cake , so to create the cats whiskers . Repeat with all remaining cakes and whiskers ..
- Now taking the last 6 longer thin strips of the licorice , 1 per cake pair , and placing them at the end of the second cake in the pair , just above center , so to create the cats tails . Repeat with all remaining cakes and tails ..
- Once all are completed , serve one a cake platter and serve cool . Enjoy . :-).
recipe by ladybird @cookpad