Quick and easy red lentil soup.
You can have Quick and easy red lentil soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick and easy red lentil soup
- It’s 1 1/4 l of home-made ham stock.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, diced small.
- It’s 1 stick of celery, chopped small.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped small.
- Prepare 175 g of red lentils.
- It’s 1 of ham stock cube.
- You need A few of small bits of ham, if you have any spare (optional).
- Prepare of Ground black pepper.
Quick and easy red lentil soup instructions
- Put all the ingredients except the pepper in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to avoid sticking..
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Taste and season with pepper if wished. Salt should not be necessary with home-made ham stock..
- Serve piping hot with granary bread, crusty rolls or whatever you fancy!.
recipe by John A @cookpad