Lentil and Bulgur/Quinoa Salad – Super Healthy and Vegan!.
You can have Lentil and Bulgur/Quinoa Salad – Super Healthy and Vegan! using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lentil and Bulgur/Quinoa Salad – Super Healthy and Vegan!
- It’s 1 cup of mixed lentils (black, green, brown, yellow – not red), soaked (30 min – 4 hrs).
- Prepare 1 cup of bulgur OR.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of quinoa.
- You need 1 tsp of vegetable oil, optional.
- You need 1 tbsp of bouillon powder (1/2 cube), optional.
- Prepare 2 medium of tomatoes, ripe but firm.
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Lentil and Bulgur/Quinoa Salad – Super Healthy and Vegan! instructions
- Drain lentils and place in pot with 3 1/2 cups of water, no seasoning. Bring to a boil, cover pot almost completely and simmer for 35-40 mins, until lentils are soft but still hold their shape..
- If using a pressure cooker, cook for 10-12 mins on med-high heat..
- Boil 3 cups of water. For bulgur: place in small pot and add oil and bouillon if using. Pour boiling water over bulgur, place on stove and bring to a boil. Let boil for 30 seconds. Lightly mix the bulgur, turn heat off, cover well and let stand for ten minutes..
- For quinoa: place in pot, add oil and bouillon if using. Pour boiling water over quinoa, place on med-high heat and bring to a boil. Cook uncovered at a soft rolling boil for 10-15 minutes, until soft and chewy..
- While lentils and bulgur cook, finely dice tomato and onion. Set aside..
- When lentils are cooked, rinse in a colander/sieve, and once water runs clear, set aside for 2 minutes to let the water drain out. Do the same with the bulgur/quinoa, using less water and rinsing gently..
- In a large bowl combine all prepared ingredients. Add salt and pepper and mix well. You can eat straight away, though the salad tastes best if allowed to rest in the fridge first for an hour or two..
recipe by EsteeA @cookpad