One pot Roast Chicken and Rice. This chicken is an ode to my favorite blogger, Nagi. Her blog is full of incredible recipes and this One Pot Greek Chicken with Rice is no exception. An incredibly easy and scrumptious chicken and rice dish made in just one pot!!!
This oven baked Chicken and Rice recipe has captured the hearts of people all around the world! The rice absorbs the chicken juices as it cooks, adding loads of flavour. Try these other easy one pot recipes like One Pan Garlic Herb Chicken and Asparagus, One Pan Mediterranean Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, and Cajun Shrimp and Rice Skillet. You can make One pot Roast Chicken and Rice using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of One pot Roast Chicken and Rice
- It’s 1 of large free range chicken.
- You need 4 of shallots diced.
- Prepare 1 of leek sliced.
- It’s 1 packet of smoked bacon lardons.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic diced.
- It’s 4 of carrots chopped.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s Sprig of rosemary.
- You need 500 ml of good quality stock.
- Prepare 200 ml of white wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 250 grams of long grain rice.
An easy, healthy one-pot chicken and rice recipe that will totally take the stress out of midweek cooking. GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE. Nothing beats this one pot, comforting and easy chicken thigh recipe when it comes to convenience and comfort. It's how we do dinners that include the main entree and its side dish, all in just one pan.
One pot Roast Chicken and Rice step by step
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Take a oven proof/ hob pot with a lid, drizzle in the oil and heat it, brown the whole chicken. Then lift out..
- Whilst it’s browsing prep the veggies..
- Now throw in the, bacon and veggies into the pot letting them soften. Stir well..
- Next add the chicken put on top of the veggies. Sprinkling on the paprika and salt and pepper. Add stock and wine, dunk in the herbs. Cook in the oven with its lid on for approximately 50 mins until cooked right the way through! It boils and steams the chicken so cooks in quicker time!.
- Lift out the chicken wrap it with foil to keep it warm. Pour the rice into the pot and stir well through the liquid..
- Place back on the lid and cook the rice for approximately 20 minutes until soft and all the juices have been absorbed..
- Serve as it is or with additional veggies!.
So easy, yet packed with so much flavor and textures. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place, skin side down, in pot. Oven Baked Chicken and Rice is a family friendly and healthy easy one pot meal made in the oven with just a few ingredients in just an hour. Baked Chicken is an easy dinner option for us, we have so many on the site including our super popular Baked Chicken Brown Rice Vegetable Casserole which is just like this dish except with brown rice and added vegetables! A big pot of chicken and rice was my favorite dish on the table (before I discovered a lemon pie in the kitchen) and it was only luck that I happened to be seated near the chicken pot for dinner.