Chocolate Ice Cube Cake.
You can make Chocolate Ice Cube Cake using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Ice Cube Cake
- It’s of For the custard topping 3 cups milk 2/3 cups sugar 1 Tbsp vanil.
- Prepare of flour 16 Tbsp unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened.
- It’s of For the cake 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa 1/3 cup flour.
- Prepare of baking powder 6 eggs, separated 1/3 cup sugar.
- You need of butter, for greasing pan For the syrup 1 cup sugar 1 cup water.
- Prepare of rose water or orange blossom water (optional).
- It’s of For the chocolate topping 8 oz semi sweet baking chocolate.
- Prepare of vegetable or canola oil.
Chocolate Ice Cube Cake instructions
- For the custard topping: Heat up the milk, sugar and vanilla extract until steaming. Meanwhile, ladle enough milk into the flour to create a thick slurry. Pour it back into the milk mixture and heat until it resembles thick vanilla pudding. Be sure to whisk well as you go, so that lumps do not form. Let cool completely, then beat in the butter..
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 13×9 cake pan generously with butter. (You can use a smaller pan, but you’ll have to increase the cooking time) In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, and baking powder. Next, Beat the egg whites until foamy, then gradually add the sugar until glossy, stiff peaks form. Do your best not to do laps in those luscious white waves..
- Next, fold the egg yolks, into the egg white mixture. Now, fold the cocoa mixture into the egg white mixture. Spread the thick, fluffy cocoa brown batter into the cake pan..
- Bake about 25 minutes..
- For the syrup: Simmer the sugar, water, and orange blossom water (or rose water) until the sugar dissolves, about five minutes. Then, use a fork to poke a few holes on the cake. Pour the syrup over the hot cake. Let sit until completely absorbed..
- For the chocolate topping: Melt the chocolate over a double boiler and stir in the oil..
- Refrigerate until the chocolate sets, then slice into squares..