New York style Cheesecake. New York-style cheesecake is my husband Michael's favorite dessert. One major sign of a good New York cheesecake is the texture. It's dense, rich and heavy which is why it's tough to have more than one slice!
New York Style Cheesecake is just a simple combo of basic graham cracker crust and smooth and silky cream cheese filling. It's a bit tangy but rich in texture thanks to addition of sour cream in filling. Some types of New York style cheesecakes use sour cream for topping, but I like to mix it into filling.. You can have New York style Cheesecake using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of New York style Cheesecake
- It’s 2 cup of Graham cracker crumbs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter melted.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 4 packages of Cream cheese.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sour cream.
Here's the recipe for the New York-style cheesecake. New York-Style Cheesecake New York-Style Cheesecake. New York cheesecakes are rich and dense, and are often made with sour cream as well as cream cheese. Find a new favorite NY cheesecake recipe, plus ratings, reviews, and baking tips.
New York style Cheesecake instructions
- In small bowl toss together graham cracker crumbs margarine or butter and 2 tablespoons of sugar Reserve 2 tablespoons of crumb mixture for garnish press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom and two and a quarter inches up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan chill in freezer while preparing filling.
- In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy add 1 and a third cups sugar,cornstarch and vanilla beat till combined. add eggs 1 at a time beating until just combined after each addition stir in sour cream.
- Pour into crust bake at 325°F for one and a quarter hours or until center is almost set cool on wire rack for 15 minutes loosen sides of pan continue cooling on wire rack for 45 minutes more.
- Sprinkle top with reserved crumbs and garnish as needed refrigerate at least 3 hours store in refrigerator.
All of these ingredients also make New York cheesecake so tall. Standard cheesecake recipes are maybe an inch or two thick, but New York-style is often double that. So yes, cut us a slice. But make sure it's a small one! Finally, New York cheesecake is often served plain (or with some simple berries on top) so the tangy flavor can really shine.