New York Style Cheese Cake. New York-style cheesecake is my husband Michael's favorite dessert. New York Style Cheesecake is just a simple combo of basic graham cracker crust and smooth and silky cream cheese filling. It's a bit tangy but rich in texture thanks to addition of sour cream in filling.
New York-Style Cheesecake New York-Style Cheesecake. All of these ingredients also make New York cheesecake so tall. Standard cheesecake recipes are maybe an inch or two thick, but New York-style is often double that. You can have New York Style Cheese Cake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of New York Style Cheese Cake
- Prepare 2 cup of Graham crackers.
- You need 1 stick of melted butter.
- It’s 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 4 packages of cream cheese.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/4 of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
So yes, cut us a slice. But make sure it's a small one! Finally, New York cheesecake is often served plain (or with some simple berries on top) so the tangy flavor can really shine. Here's the recipe for the New York-style cheesecake.
New York Style Cheese Cake instructions
- Crush the Graham crackers. Add brown sugar and melted butter and mix well. Coat the bottom of 10 inch springform pan evenly. Bake for 10 min. At 300°. Set aside to cool..
- In a large bowl put cream cheese beat untill soft and smooth. Add eggs,sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix well and scoop filling in pan over the crust..
- Bake at 350° for 50 min. After 50 min. remove the cake and let it sit for 15 minutes. As it sits start your topping. Combine and mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread it over the cake and bake for another 5 minutes..
- When it's done cooking remove the cake and let it stand untill it's room temperature. Then put it in the refrigerator for no les then 12 hours. Put your choice of fruit topping and enjoy!.
Create a homespun version of the Big Apple's signature dessert made with cream cheese, sour cream and heavy cream, along with fresh eggs, lemon, vanilla, and a little sugar, all in a graham cracker crust. New York Cheesecake Recipes New York cheesecakes are rich and dense, and are often made with sour cream as well as cream cheese. Find a new favorite NY cheesecake recipe, plus ratings, reviews, and baking tips. One major sign of a good New York cheesecake is the texture. It's dense, rich and heavy which is why it's tough to have more than one slice!