Lemon Pound Cake. Get Inspired On Our Official Site. This lemon pound cake is a triple threat of lemon and all its glorious tartness. First, I use both lemon zest and juice in the batter.
Lemon zest and lemon juice are added to the batter, which lightly perfume the cake with lemon. How to Make Lemon Pound Cake. To create this pound cake recipe, I took a classic sour cream pound cake recipe made in a bundt pan — the kind you'd likely find in your grandmother's recipe files or old church cookbooks — and gave it a lusciously lemon twist. You can make Lemon Pound Cake using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Pound Cake
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of baking powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of butter, softened at room temperature.
- You need of sugar, plus 1/3 cup.
- It’s of eggs.
- You need of pure vanilla extract.
- You need of lemon juice, plus 1/3 cup sugar.
Lemon Pound Cake Recipe (Ultimate Lemon Cake Recipe) – This is the Best Lemon Pound Cake on the Internet! Tart, sweet, moist and filled with lemon flavor, you will adore this Lemon Cake Recipe with a secret ingredient for years to come! Turn the cake over on a cake platter. Spread the lemon glaze over the warm cake so that the glaze can soak into the cake.
Lemon Pound Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 6-cup loaf pan and line it with parchment or waxed paper. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt..
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer), cream the butter. Add 1 cup of the sugar and mix. With the mixer running at low speed, add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla..
- Working in alternating batches, and mixing after each addition, add the dry ingredients and 1/4 cup of the lemon juice to the butter mixture. Mix until just smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake until raised in the center and a tester inserted into the center comes out dry and almost clean (a few crumbs are OK), 65 to 75 minutes..
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 1/3 cup sugar and the remaining 1/3 cup lemon juice until the sugar is dissolved..
- When the cake is done, let cool in the pan 15 minutes (it will still be warm). Run a knife around the sides of the pan. Set a wire rack on a sheet pan with sides (to catch the glaze) and turn the cake out onto the rack. Peel off the waxed paper..
- Using a pastry brush, spread glaze all over the top and sides of the cake and let soak in. Repeat until the entire glaze is used up, including any glaze that has dripped through onto the sheet pan. Let cool at room temperature or, wrapped in plastic wrap, in the refrigerator (Well wrapped, the cake will last up to a week). Serve at room temperature, in thin slices..
Let the cake cool completely and drizzle the lemon cream cheese frosting over the cake. Use a toothpick to make holes in top of cake and drizzle lemon juice and sugar mixture over the top of the cake when removed from the oven. Deliciously tender and moist, our scratch-made Lemon Pound Cake is perfect for both brunch and dessert. Topped with a two-ingredient lemon glaze, every sweet, citrus-kissed slice is simply irresistible. Make this delightful loaf cake to add a little sunshine to your next brunch spread!