Rasmalai Tres Leches Cake 🍰.
You can make Rasmalai Tres Leches Cake 🍰 using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rasmalai Tres Leches Cake 🍰
- Prepare of Sponge Cake recipe: Anna Olson.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 & 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 5 of Eggs, yolks and whites separated.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar –, divided into 1/4 cups.
- It’s 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Milk.
- Prepare of For the Milk mixture:.
- It’s 1 can of Evaporated Milk.
- You need 1 can Dessert Cream of Condensed Milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 tsp of Elaichi.
- It’s a few strands of Saffron.
- You need few drops of Rose essence.
- It’s of To assemble:.
- You need 500 ml of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Castor Sugar.
- You need of Dried, edible rose petals.
- It’s of Pistachios, chopped or slivered.
Rasmalai Tres Leches Cake 🍰 instructions
- For the Sponge Cake: Preheat your oven to 175•C grease square or rectangle cake tin. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder; whisk and set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and 1/4cup sugar until frothy and pale yellow..
- Stir in the milk and vanilla extract. Gently add the flour mixture to the egg yolk mixture and stir until just combined. Beat egg whites on high speed. When soft peaks begin to form, add in remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Beat the egg whites until stiff..
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter. Pour batter into the cake tin. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Once the cake is baked through, pull it out of the oven, cool for 10 min in cake tin. Leave to cool on stand..
- For the Milk Mixture:- While the cake is baking, bring the cream, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and milk to a slow boil. Take it off the heat. Use about two tablespoons of hot milk to soak the saffron strands for 10 minutes. Then add the saffron back to the milk mixture. Add in the Elaichi & rose essence cover the pot and allow the flavours of saffron,rose and Elaichi to infuse into the milks as the mixture cools..
- To assemble:- Once the cake has cooled completely, use a skewer or fork to pierce the cake surface all over. Then, slowly drizzle the milk mixture on top of the cake, and watch in awe as it soaks through. Leave aside for 30 minutes..
- Beat the whipping cream and sugar on high speed until soft peaks form and the cream is of frosting consistency. When most of the milk has been absorbed, slather/pipe the whipping cream on to the cake and finish off with dried rose petals and pistachios. Chill for a few hours. Then slice and serve! Enjoy 😊.