Greek pan cake with honey. Greek-style Pancakes with Honey and Walnuts (Tiganites) Eli K. Greek pan cake with honey The ancient Greeks and Romans ate pancakes, sweetened with honey ,the Elizabethans ate them flavored with spices, rosewater, sherry, and apples. They were traditionally eaten in quantity on Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day, a day of feasting and partying before the beginning of Lent.
Pancakes are called tiganites in Greek, and have existed in one form or another since ancient times. There are many regional pancake recipes. This one is a hybrid, inspired by a recipe from Corfu for raisin-studded pancakes. You can make Greek pan cake with honey using 9 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek pan cake with honey
- Prepare of All purpose flour / maida for 8 – 10 pancakes – 2 cups.
- It’s of Eggs -2 medium size.
- It’s of Melted butter -.
- You need of Milk -.
- You need of Vennila essence -.
- Prepare of Granulated sugar – 1/2 cup (depends ur taste).
- You need of Salt -1.
- Prepare of Baking powder -.
- It’s of Honey,Strawberry (r) fruits for garnish.
The addition of Greek yogurt makes the pancakes tangy, silky. and fluffy. Greek pancakes are fried, and usually drizzled with honey, dusted with cinnamon and sprinkled with chopped nuts. Of course, like all pancakes, they're also delicious with toppings like powdered sugar and fresh fruit, chocolate, ice cream, or even when made in savory versions (try mixing some crumbled feta cheese into the batter). Instead of topping pancakes with maple syrup, try this healthy, easy pancake sauce recipe to top your pancakes with naturally sweetened, protein-packed Greek yogurt.
Greek pan cake with honey step by step
- Collect all the ingredients first.
- First let start on with mixing the dry ingredients first.
- For the dry ingredients are taken a bowl,add 2 cups of all purpose flour /maida, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 3 tsp of baking powder, pinch of salt.
- Combine all the dry ingredients well.
- After, let start with wet ingredients for that take 2 medium size eggs, Beat the eggs well.
- And add 1 cup of milk mix well.
- And add 1 tsp of vennila essence whisk well..
- Whisk well,set aside.
- After add the wet mixture little by little combined well with the dry ingredients.
- Last to add some butter.so take 3 spoon of butter,In microwave 5 seconds after melted.Add into the mixture.
- We don't want the batter which is very thick, we don't want very flowing, the batter should be like dropping consistency.
- So finally, we make pan cake batter.
- Let start, making a pan cake.Heat a nonstick pan. Take a small cloth r sponge dip into the melted butter rub in the full pan r use spoon to rub..
- The pan is just medium hot. We dnt want very hot, making the pan cake. It's burnt on the bottom. So just ur flame should be medium to slow..
- Take 1 scoop, just drop it, scoop out of laddle full of batter. Just shape them in roundels.
- That's it.Now we will wait for 2 mins.The flame should be change medium to low, low to medium..
- Now we can see bubble in top. Beautifully have buff tuff. So now flip this.
- See the beautiful colour got. The pan cake is ready..
- Now we can serve with fruits or fresh creams, maple syrup,Chocolate syrup.I garnishing with some little honey.N strawberries..
- Again n again u do like this in remain batter.Tha pan cake came a big tower.
All opinions are mine alone. #DonVictorHoney #HappyHealthyHoney #CollectiveBias This Greek Yogurt Honey Almond Pancake recipe is so simple! These fluffy homemade pancakes are packed with protein and are free from refined sugar! You won't feel guilty about this breakfast! The fact that breakfast is the mostcontinue. An easy, one-bowl, delicious and nutritious breakfast recipe that your whole family will love!