St. Patrick's Stout Spice Cake FUSF. Patrick's Stout Spice Cake FUSF For a cake that looks green, tastes great and can be used any time of the year, this is a recipe that will hit all the taste buds of your tongue. jimkmaus. Into a large bowl sift together the flour, the salt, the baking soda, the baking powder, and the spices. Patrick's Day dessert, and what is more fun than a dessert that combines two different types of booze!
Whether it's a cake eaten but once a year – on St. Patrick's Day – is up for debate. But it's certainly a valid excuse to indulge. You can cook St. Patrick's Stout Spice Cake FUSF using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of St. Patrick's Stout Spice Cake FUSF
- It’s 1 1/2 cups (7 1/2 ounces) of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup (2 1/4 ounces) of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1 1/2 cups (10 1/2 ounces) of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Six Spice Mix FUSF (separate recipe).
- Prepare 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking soda.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of whole milk yogurt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Irish stout beer.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Easy Frosting FUSF (separate recipe).
- You need of Green food coloring.
Irish porter cake is a moist fruit cake, best made with a dark, rich stout. Malted Chocolate & Stout Layer Cake If you want a dessert that will take the cake at a St. Patrick's Day celebration, look no further! The rich chocolate cake is incredibly moist and has a nice malt flavor that's perfectly complemented by the Irish cream frosting.
St. Patrick's Stout Spice Cake FUSF step by step
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans, line with parchment paper, grease parchment, and flour pans. Sift flour and cocoa into large bowl. Whisk in sugar, baking soda, baking powder, spice mix and salt. Whisk yogurt, beer, oil, eggs, and vanilla together in second bowl. Whisk yogurt mixture into flour mixture until smooth batter forms. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans and smooth tops with rubber spatula..
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 22 to 28 minutes, switching and rotating pans halfway through baking. Let cakes cool in pans on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans, discarding parchment, and let cool completely on rack, at least 2 hours..
- Prepare Easy Frosting. Add food coloring to preference..
Every year, I ask the Hubster if we can go out to the local Irish pub for someone else's homemade Irish fare and every year he says, but what about our traditional black and tan corn beef sandwiches…and my fried potatoes and turnips…and my Irish creme pound cake…. Patrick's Day will help you expand your horizons when it comes to foods that are traditionally cooked for this day.. crisp apples suspended in tender vanilla spice cake with a crunchy sugar topping and creamy vanilla custard sauce. Chocolate Stout Cake with Whiskey Buttercream Frosting. See more ideas about Desserts, Cupcake cakes, Food. See more ideas about Recipes, Food, Irish recipes.