Lemon Cheesecake. Taste of Home has the best lemon cheesecake recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. This creamy lemon cheesecake has a lovely soft texture and cuts nicely. The curd adds a fresh, tangy flavor. —Becky West, Statesboro, Georgia THE SECRET TO TRULY LEMONY CHEESECAKE.
It reminds me of the lemon cheesecake I used to always get at The Cheesecake Factory until the discontinued it. I made only minor changes to the recipe: I added the zest of one lemon, used crushed Nilla Wafers for the crust instead of graham crackers because I prefer the flavor, and I used two eggs instead of the egg substitute. HOMEMADE LEMON CHEESECAKE WITH TWICE THE TARTNESS. You can make Lemon Cheesecake using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Cheesecake
- It’s of Crust.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of Graham crackers crumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 6 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 3 packages of cream cheese.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of grinded lemon rind.
- Prepare of Sour cream topping.
- Prepare 1 pints of sour cream.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Glaze.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
How much lemon can I fit into my homemade Lemon Cheesecake recipe? I wanted to get pucker from the lemon juice and the sweet, citrusy aroma from the zest. And what an exceptional lemon cheesecake recipe this is! It's become one of the most popular recipes on The Unlikely Baker and for good reason – it has the perfect texture, consistency and flavour to please the most discriminating of lemon lovers.
Lemon Cheesecake instructions
- Combine crackers crumbs, sugar and butter. Bake at 350°F for 5 minutes. Cool before adding filling..
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer at high speed until completely smooth..
- Add eggs and gradually add the sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir in lemon rind..
- Pour into cooled crust and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes..
- Blend sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract..
- Remove cake from oven. Spread the sour cream mix over the top of cake. Return to oven and bake about 12 minutes..
- Cool on rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate until topping is cool but not completely chilled..
- Make glaze by combining sugar and cornstarch, bleeding in water and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cook 3 minutes. Chill until cool but not set..
- Spread top of cheesecake with lemon glaze. Chill several hours or overnight..
And it's easy to bake too. Spread over the base and chill for a couple of hours. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix together the crust ingredients until well combined and press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan. A water bath cooks the cheesecake gently, making it extra creamy with a smooth, crack-free top.