Are you ready to indulge in a sweet treat that is sure to satisfy your dessert cravings? Look no further than this delicious recipe for Oreo Cookies n Cream Poke Cake! With 1365 steps, this may seem like a daunting task, but fear not, as each step is easy to follow and well worth the effort. So grab your apron, preheat your oven, and let’s get started on creating a dessert that will have your taste buds singing with joy.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 package Oreo cookies, crushed (reserve 1/2 cup for topping)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar hot fudge sauce
- 1 container whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the crushed Oreo cookies into the cake mixture, reserving 1/2 cup for topping.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake, making sure it gets into the holes.
- Heat the hot fudge sauce in the microwave for 30 seconds and pour over the cake, making sure it gets into the holes.
- Spread the whipped topping over the cake and sprinkle with the reserved crushed Oreo cookies.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Servings per Recipe: 12
Amount per serving:
- Calories: 470
- Total Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Sodium: 450mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 61g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 46g
- Protein: 5g
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 2 hours
Total Time: Approximately 2 hours and 40 minutes
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- 9×13 inch baking dish
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Microwave-safe bowl
This Oreo Cookies n Cream Poke Cake is perfect for any occasion, from birthday parties to potlucks. Serve it chilled with a dollop of whipped cream on top for an extra indulgent treat.
For a different twist on this recipe, try using a chocolate cake mix instead of white, or swap out the Oreo cookies for your favorite cookie. You can also use different types of toppings, such as caramel sauce, chopped nuts, or fresh berries.
If you don’t have sweetened condensed milk on hand, you can use evaporated milk instead. You can also substitute the hot fudge sauce with chocolate syrup or caramel sauce.
This cake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Cover with plastic wrap or foil to keep it fresh.
- Make sure to crush the Oreo cookies into small pieces so they distribute evenly throughout the cake.
- When pouring the sweetened condensed milk and hot fudge sauce over the cake, use a spoon to help spread it out evenly.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before adding the whipped topping, otherwise it may melt and become runny.
This recipe makes a large cake, so if you’re serving a smaller crowd, consider halving the recipe or freezing the leftovers for later.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use homemade whipped cream instead of store-bought?
Yes, you can use homemade whipped cream if you prefer. Just make sure it’s stabilized or it may become runny.
Can I make this cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this cake a day ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil before freezing.
Overall, this Oreo Cookies n Cream Poke Cake is a dessert that is sure to impress. With its moist cake base, sweet condensed milk, and delicious Oreo cookie pieces, it’s a treat that is hard to resist. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it truly is? Happy baking!