Chocolate Genoise Sponge Cupcakes with Whipped Cream and Blue Fondant. This pretty cake has two layers of chocolate sponge that are sandwiched together with raspberry jam and A Genoise Cake is named after its place of origin, Genoa Italy. It belongs to the family of light and airy Then whisk or fold about one quarter of the whipped cream into the melted chocolate. Chocolate Genoise is, basically, a chocolate sponge cake.
Accessorised to the nines with flavourings, fillings and toppings—from creams and mousses to fruits, nuts, chocolate and fondant coatings—these simple cakes are transformed into glamorous gateaux like Black Forest. Is grainy, lumpy, stodgy buttercream getting you down? Do you long to be able to make yours light, creamy, whippy and delicious every time? You can make Chocolate Genoise Sponge Cupcakes with Whipped Cream and Blue Fondant using 13 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Genoise Sponge Cupcakes with Whipped Cream and Blue Fondant
- You need of Genoise Sponge.
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Caster Sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cake Flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cocoa Powder.
- Prepare of Whip Cream.
- It’s 1 cup of Heavy Cream.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare of Fondant.
- It’s 1 of Fondant.
- You need 5 dash of Blue Food Coloring.
Brushing the cake layers with a simple syrup before frosting keeps the cake from crumbling and drying out. A nod to the classic childhood favorite, this chocolate cake roll combines light sponge cake with sweet vanilla whipped cream and chocolate ganache! If making chocolate genoise, sift flour and cocoa powder over egg yolk mixture (or just flour if making vanilla). Vigorously fold in with a large rubber spatula, running it down along bottom of bowl and lifting up through center and over the top as you rotate bowl.
Chocolate Genoise Sponge Cupcakes with Whipped Cream and Blue Fondant step by step
- 1) Genoise Sponge.
- Beat eggs , sugar and salt..
- Use electric hand mixer and beat over warm water until the foam rises up..
- Sift in flour and cocoa powder..
- Gently fold together with a spatula. Not break the egg foam..
- Scoop the batter into the cupcakes liners about 2/3 full..
- Bake for 195 C for 11 minutes.
- Let it cool completely on a wire rack..
- 2) Whipping Cream.
- Pour Cold whipping cream into a bowl..
- Whisk for 2 minutes then add sugar and vanilla extract..
- Continue whisking until stiff..
- Pour the cream in the pipping bag..
- Cut the end and pipe on cooled cupcakes..
- 3) Fondant.
- Knead blue food coloring with fondant..
- Roll out a fondant and cut into heart shapes using heart shape cookie cutter..
- Decorate the fondant on the cupcake..
The mixture will seize up and thicken quite a bit. White Chocolate Genoise Sponge Cake with Caramelized Bananas. This white chocolate cake, is made with a Genoise sponge, filled with cream cheese, whipped cream, white chocolate and spicy poached grapes added in the filling and decorated with caramelized bananas and dark chocolate. This superbly light sponge cake makes a wonderful afternoon treat with a cuppa, or try it as a dessert served with For the génoise sponge, place the sugar and eggs into a large bowl and whisk with an electric Place the cream into a large bowl and add the vanilla seeds. I would avoid any cakes made with straight whipped cream frosting, but frostings that have a stabilizing ingredient like this poppyseed cake with whipped cream and cream cheese.