Vickys Quinoa Salad with Peas, Beans & Asparagus, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Quinoa Salad with Peas, Beans & Asparagus, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vickys Quinoa Salad with Peas, Beans & Asparagus, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 300 grams of pre-rinsed quinoa.
- It’s 450 ml of vegetable stock.
- You need 12 of spears asparagus, halved.
- Prepare 200 grams of shelled baby broad beans.
- It’s 200 grams of peas.
- You need 1 handful of fresh mint.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- It’s 1 of juice and grated zest of a lemon.
- You need 200 ml of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of agave nectar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste.
Vickys Quinoa Salad with Peas, Beans & Asparagus, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Put the quinoa and vegetable stock into a saucepan. Bring to the boil then turn the heat to low and put the lid on top. Cook for around 12 minutes until the stock has all been absorbed.
- Remove the lid and let any remaining stock evaporate away. Turn the cooked quinoa out onto a wide plate, fluff up with a fork and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile bring another 2 pans of lightly salted water to the boil. Cook the peas and asparagus in one and the beans in the other for 3-4 minutes so they still have a little bit of bite and aren't too soft.
- The beans need their outer case slipped off after cooking so it's easiest to cook those in a seperate pan.
- Roughly chop the herbs and in a large bowl gently mix them with the cooled quinoa and vegetables including the tomatoes, reserving some of the herbs for garnish.
- Add to the bowl the lemon zest, juice, balsamic, agave and oil. Taste and season with sea salt & pepper accordingly.
- Serve in a large dish with a drizzle of oil and the reserved herbs sprinkled over the top.
- The quinoa can be substituted for corn-based cous cous to keep the dish gluten-free.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad