Orange bundt cake. I made a few changes, because I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand. I used brown sugar, substituted the lemon extract with orange and added both lemon and orange zest. I think next time, I'll double the recipe, because my cake wasn't as high as the one shown in the photo.
A very simple and quickly made orange bundt cake for times when you crave some cake but don't have the time or the patience to be in the kitchen for a long time. Just squeeze some oranges, mix a few ingredients and bake. Here's a little story I wrote for this Easy Glazed Orange Bundt Cake because I am just so passionate about citrus flavored cakes. You can cook Orange bundt cake using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Orange bundt cake
- You need 2 sticks of softened butter.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1/3 cup of juice from the oranges.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of orange zest from 3 oranges.
- It’s 1/2 cup of juice from the oranges.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbs of orange juice.
If you're looking for more citrus flavored recipes don't forget to check out this fabulous Lemon Swiss Roll Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese…this one is bursting with lemon flavor!. Okay I digress, if you're interested you can read the little story I've. Meanwhile whisk together powdered sugar, orange juice and orange zest. Place cake on cake plate, prick the cake with a fork.then pour glaze evenly over cake.
Orange bundt cake instructions
- In a stand up mixer, cream sugar and butter..
- Add in eggs, vanilla, and 1/3 cup oj..
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients..
- Add orange zest and flour mixture, and mix until smooth..
- Bake at 350 for 60-75 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean..
- Meanwhile make syrup with 1/2 cup sugar and juice. Mix together in a small sauce pan, on low heat, until clear and the consistency of syrup..
- When cake comes out paint or drip syrup over cake..
- After cake is cool mix the powdered sugar with the 2 Tbs oj to create a glaze..
- Ice the cake with the glaze. Add a few pieces of zest for decoration..
- Side note* I have made this same orange cake but with a lime glaze and syrup. Then sprinkled with Margarita salt to create a Margarita cake..
Allow to cool completely before serving. Bursting with bright and fresh flavor, orange bundt cake is mega moist with a tender crumb. A drizzle of easy orange glaze amplifies the refreshing citrus- each bite is simply delightful. Use cake flour and buttermilk for best results, and see my recipe note for how to bake this cake in a loaf pan. I made this cake and it was an instant success.