Sweet N' Sour Meatballs. Beef meatballs are browned, then simmered in a sweet and sour sauce. Great as an appetizer or as a main dish served over rice. There are two rules a good meatball needs to follow: number one, it needs to be super tender.
Don't thank us, thank your slow cooker. These Sweet and Sour Meatballs are made with frozen meatballs and pineapple chunks and are covered in a DELICIOUS homemade sweet and sour sauce!! It's the perfect appetizer or dinner idea served over rice or noodles. You can make Sweet N' Sour Meatballs using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet N' Sour Meatballs
- It’s 2 cup of all natural no sugar added pineapple juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of loosely packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all natural ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sriracha.
- Prepare 30 of to 50 pre-cooked meatballs (depending on size).
- Prepare 1 can of (20oz) pineapple chunks in natural juices – drained, juice reserved.
- It’s 2 tbsp of green onions – sliced diagonally for garnish (optional).
These sweet and sour meatballs are absolutley great. The sweet and sour sauce is great on chicken wings also. I have made this recipe at least a billion times now and it's a hit with everyone. Believe me you will love this recipe and it's simple.
Sweet N' Sour Meatballs instructions
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine 2c pineapple juice, brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, and bring to a boil..
- In a small bowl make a slurry by whisking together the cornstarch and 3tbs of the reserved juice from the pineapple chunks..
- Slowly pour the slurry into the sauce, whisking constantly. Bring back to a simmer, whisk in sriracha until completely combined and simmer about 2 minutes to begin thickening..
- Stir in meatballs, reduce heat to medium, and simmer covered with lid vented until meatballs have heated through and sauce has thickened. About 8 – 15 minutes. Time will depend if you are using frozen or thawed meatballs. NOTE: You can use store bought or homemade, in frozen or thawed state..
- When meatballs are heated through, turn heat to low and stir in pineapple chunks. Serve over steamed rice, or ala carte with a side salad for a lower carb option. Garnish either with green onions. Enjoy!.
- Alternate serving suggestion: Use cocktail skewers to make party appetizers for the holidays. Stab one pineapple chunk and one meatball per skewer, arrange on a platter. Serve with sauce on the side for dipping!.
Sometimes instead of making my own meatballs. Make a slurry by mixing the cornstarch into the. These sweet and sour meatballs are homemade meatballs that are cooked in the crock pot with a two ingredient sauce. The perfect main course or party appetizer that always gets rave reviews! You can never go wrong with meatballs, whether it's a cheesy meatball bake , Mexican meatball soup , or these super easy cocktail style meatballs.