Okonomiyaki in the Oven. And another question is: can I freeze the Okonomiyaki and reheat them later in the oven or in a frying pan on low temperature? Thanks again, looking forward to any suggestions! reply. Thank you for your kind words!
Why don't you bake it in oven just like pizza? You can make very large Okonomiyaki at a time and you don't need to flip it over. Again I listed Pork and Cabbage in this recipe. You can have Okonomiyaki in the Oven using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Okonomiyaki in the Oven
- Prepare of This recipe triples the ingredients from Recipe ID: 893421.
- You need 800 grams of Cabbage.
- You need 6 of Green onions.
- It’s 300 grams of Thinly sliced pork (or ham).
- It’s 100 grams of Tempura crumbs.
- Prepare 300 grams of ◎Cake flour.
- You need 60 grams of ◎Katakuriko.
- You need 15 grams of ◎Baking powder.
- You need 3 of ◆Eggs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of each ◆Soy sauce, sugar, dashi stock granules.
- It’s 1 dash of ◆Salt.
- You need 1 of around 500 ml Water.
These can be substituted for any ingredients at all. Mix Okonomiyaki Flour and water in a mixing bowl. Next, add in your shredded cabbage and eggs. Place bite-sized bacon strips on the bottom of a greased teflon muffin pan.
Okonomiyaki in the Oven step by step
- Prep: Roughly chop the cabbage. Finely chop the green onions. Beat the eggs. Cube the ham to 1-2 cm and preheat the oven..
- Combine ◎ ingredients in a bowl. Add ◆ ingredients. Add water in 2 – 3 batches and mix..
- When the batter is no longer lumpy, add cabbage, green onions and tempura crumbs and mix. Mix, mix, mix..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and plop the okonomiyaki batter right into the middle of the pan! Spread it out into a square shape..
- If using ham, cut into 1 – 2 cm cubes and mix into the batter. This time I used thinly sliced pork, made layers by covering the topped pork with more batter..
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes at 200ºC..
- After 40 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and bake until golden brown (about 10 minutes). When it has finished baking, top with sauce, mayonnaise, aonori, and bonito flakes and it's done..
- I don't have a large serving dish, so I made a space on the table, put aluminum foil and plopped it down. The size of the finished Okonomiyaki is 20 x 30 cm..
- Related recipe: Cake-style Okonomiyaki, https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153484-cake-style-okonomiyaki.
Oven-baked Okonomiyaki Cooking Okonomiyaki takes time, especially when you make many. Why don't you bake it in the oven just like pizza? You can make very large Okonomiyaki at a time and you don't need to flip it over. I used pork and cabbage in this recipe. These can be substituted for any ingredients at all.