You can cook Easter Chowder using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Easter Chowder
- It’s 3 cup of Leftover mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 3 cup of Ham stock (boiled down from bone and drippings).
- Prepare 1 can of Creamed corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk or cream.
- You need 3 cup of Frozen or canned corn (drained).
- Prepare 1 lb of chopped leftover ham.
- You need 1/2 each of Onion, diced.
- Prepare as needed of Seasonings to taste. Start with no salt as ham is salty..
Easter Chowder instructions
- Saute the onion in a little butter or oil until tender..
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a pot.Stir well to combine and heat over medium to medium low heat. Stirring occasionally..
- Once chowder is heated through, taste and add seasoning to your liking. I added some garlic powder, onion powder, parsley & white pepper to mine..
- This could easily be put in a slow cooker and left on low all day as well..
recipe by supernanny @cookpad