Date Nut Bread.
You can have Date Nut Bread using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Date Nut Bread
- Prepare of chopped dates.
- It’s of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s of baking soda.
- You need of salt.
- You need of light brown sugar, packed.
- You need of buttermilk.
- You need of large egg.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- It’s of baking powder.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of honey roasted cashews, ( or nut you prefer ) halfs and pieces plus about 10 whole ones to garnish top, garnish is optional..
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
Date Nut Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 8 1/2 inch by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl add dates, butter, baking soda, salt and brown sugar.
- Heat buttermilk.just until.hot, pour over date mixture, stir and let stand 15 minutes.
- Add egg, vanilla,baking powder, cinnamon and flour, stir well to combine.
- Stir in cahews.
- Spoon into prepared pan. Place the whole cashews in a line on top of batter. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack about 15 minutes, then run a sharp knife around edges to release bread. Cool. This bread slices best if cooled overnight. It keeps very well wrapped in plastic wrap. It can Also be frozen whole or in sliced.
recipe by fenway @cookpad