~Shamrok's~ Catholic Girl's Jewish Apple Cake.
You can have ~Shamrok's~ Catholic Girl's Jewish Apple Cake using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of ~Shamrok's~ Catholic Girl's Jewish Apple Cake
- You need of Apple Mixture.
- You need 5 medium of Gala Apples.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Dry Batter Ingredients.
- You need 3 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 3 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need of Wet Batter Ingredients.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s of Glazed Icing (Optional).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar.
- You need 5 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
~Shamrok's~ Catholic Girl's Jewish Apple Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease Tube/Bundt Pan..
- In Medium Bowl: Pare and slice 4-6 apples. Add 5 Tbsp. Sugar and 2 Tsp. Cinnamon. Mix gently together with fork (or hands). Set aside..
- In Large Mixing Bowl: Mix Dry Ingredients (Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder) together and set aside..
- In Small Bowl: Beat 4 Eggs until foamy. Add 1 Cup Oil and 2 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla. Beat thoroughly until foamy..
- Add Wet Ingredients to the Large Mixing Bowl with the Dry Ingredients until completely mixed. The mixture will be very thick..
- Layer Batter & Apple Slices: Add 1/3 of the batter mixture to the bottom of the prepared Tube/Bundt Pan. Add a 1/3 of the sliced apples as a layer in the pan. Repeat with another 1/3 of the batter, then 1/3 of the sliced apples. Add the last of the batter, then top with the remaining sliced apples. Drizzle the liquid from the apple bowl over the entire top layer of apples..
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 1 hour 15 – 1 hour 30 minutes. Insert toothpick to center of cake and if it comes out clean, it's done..
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack still in the pan..
- Prepare Glaze: In small bowl, add 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar, 5 Tbsp. Milk, and 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla together and mix until smooth. Get out all the lumps..
- Remove cake from Tube/Bundt Pan and place on serving plate. Drizzle Glaze over plated cake. Cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. (Delish served when still warm!) L'chaim!.