Hungarian Easter Ham.
You can have Hungarian Easter Ham using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hungarian Easter Ham
- You need 1.3 kg of unsmoked gammon joint.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2-3 of whole garlic.
Hungarian Easter Ham instructions
- Put the gammon in a pot of cold water and let it soak for a night..
- Rinse and wash it well before cooking..
- Put the ham in a pan of cold water that covers the whole meat, add the bay leaves and the garlic and start cooking it..
- To get tasty and tender ham you have to cook it at least for about 2-3 hours..
- Let the ham cool out in the stock (the water in which it was cooked)..
- Slice it up and serve it with hard-boiled eggs, pickled horseradish, sweet bread, cheese and other spring vegetables. You can make a decorative cold buffet..
- Happy Easter :).
recipe by Panniko Szokai @cookpad