Crock Pot Pumpkin Dump Cake. Yellow cake mix and canned pumpkin are the stars in this easy dessert recipe for Crock-Pot Pumpkin Dump Cake. Next dump in pumpkin and condensed milk and mix without mixing in cake mix. With just a few simple ingredients you can have this amazing pumpkin dump cake made in your slow cooker.
If you thought a Dump Cake was easy before, just wait. Now you can make it in a crockpot and it's about a gazillion times easier than ever! The fact that it is now August makes me long for all things comfort food: apple, pumpkin, desserts made with butter and baked in the oven. You can have Crock Pot Pumpkin Dump Cake using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Pumpkin Dump Cake
- You need of Cake.
- Prepare 2 can (15 oz) of ea) pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (I didnt level, but used rounded tsp of spice).
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1 box (15.25 oz) of yellow or white cake mix – unprepared.
- You need 1 stick of unsalted butter – melted.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need of vanilla extract (optional, I added about 1 tsp).
- You need of whipped cream topping.
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream (aka double cream).
- You need 1/4 cup of powdered sugar (aka confectioners' or caster sugar).
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract (optional).
Dessert is even easier when you make this Crockpot Apple Dump Cake Recipe for the perfect fall dessert. The slow cooker does all the work! An easy slow cooker dump cake with pumpkin! Your Cherry recipe says to grease the bottom of the crock pot.
Crock Pot Pumpkin Dump Cake instructions
- Spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray..
- Gently combine the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt (And optional vanilla) in a large bowl, then dump it into the slow cooker insert. Spread out evenly..
- Sprinkle the DRY cake mix evenly over the pumpkin puree, then, as evenly as possible, pour the melted butter on top and finish by sprinkling with the chopped pecans..
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4.5 hours. Do NOT remove the cover in this time. Just trust it's doing its thing. The edges of the cake should be starting to brown and crisp slightly when done..
- When ready to serve, use a handheld or stand mixer woth a whick attachment to whip the cream and powdered sugar (and optional vanilla) together in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Or make ahead too and store covered in fridge until serving time..
- Serve the cake warm with a dollop of the whipped cream..
- NOTE: You could also use chopped walnuts instead of pecans, or simply omit nuts if there is an allergy or you do not like them. But they are a great textural element, adding an excellent crunch..
- NOTE: If the cake is done before it's time for dessert it is perfectly fine to switch to warm until you're ready..
Should we for the Pumpkin and Peach? This delicious pumpkin dump cake recipe is complete with all the fall flavors, pumpkin, pecan, and cinnamon spice. With how easy it is, you'll be Does Pumpkin Dump cake need to be refrigerated? We like to serve this warm, but if you have leftovers, be sure to keep those covered and in the fridge. This pumpkin dump cake is just as easy as the classic.