Date Nut Candy.
You can make Date Nut Candy using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Date Nut Candy
- It’s 3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 lb of pitted, chopped dates.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans or chopped walnuts.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
Date Nut Candy step by step
- In large saucepan over med to med-hi heat, mix sugar, milk, and butter. Stir constantly about 15 min. Good test: drop a tiny amount into ice water. If it forms instantly into a firm ball, it's ready..
- Add dates. Stir constantly until dates are melted, about 15-20 minutes depending on how finely you chopped the dates. Try the "firm ball" test..
- Remove from stove immediately and pour into greased pan..
- Wait until candy cools in pan (about 10 minutes). Then cut candy into squares. Don't wait too long because the candy will be too hard to cut. Candy will keep in the fridge for about a week..
recipe by Heidi Louise @cookpad