Mini Lemon Sponge Cheesecakes with Lemon Curd. While I love a traditional cheesecake, there is something special about serving up individual portions to your guests. Cream cheese will not blend smoothly if it's fridge cold and the overall cheesecake will be much smoother if all the ingredients are at room temperature when mixed. Home > Recipes > Baking > Cake Recipes > Mini Lemon Curd Sponge Cakes.
I think it's safe to say that the mini cheesecake obsession is. It's a favorite English treat served on breads and scones. Look for it in the gourmet or condiment section of larger supermarkets. You can have Mini Lemon Sponge Cheesecakes with Lemon Curd using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mini Lemon Sponge Cheesecakes with Lemon Curd
- You need 175 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 175 grams of Self-rising flour , sifted.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of Lemon zest.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsps of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 300 grams of Cream cheese , softened.
- Prepare 150 of Sour cream , softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s Pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of Lemon zest.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs large , room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Cornflour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Caster sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cups of Lemon juice.
- You need 1¼ cups of Water.
- You need 2 tsps of Lemon zest , grated.
- You need 3 of Egg yolks.
- You need 60 g of Unsalted butter , chopped.
Serve with a dollop of lemon-flavored whipped cream. How to make mini lemon cheesecakes. Individual serving size cheesecakes topped with lemon curd and whipped cream. For delicious Mini Lemon Curd Sponge Cakes then view our easy to follow recipe here at Lakeland.
Mini Lemon Sponge Cheesecakes with Lemon Curd instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then add vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Sift the flour and baking powder together, then add and beat just until combined..
- Place 1 tbsp -Depends on the size- in the bottom of each cavity of a mini cheesecake pan. You will have some batter leftover that will make great cupcakes!.
- Bake the sponge bases for 10 minutes while you make the cheesecake. Lower oven temp to 300°.
- In a medium-sized bowl beat the cream cheese and sour cream on medium-high speed until smooth. Blend in the sugar until well incorporated. Mix in the salt, vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Finally, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well and scraping down the bowl after each addition. Careful not to over mix!.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture onto the sponge bases, fill right to the top. Bake for 14 minutes. Turn the oven off and allow cheesecakes to cool in the pan in the oven..
- To make lemon curd, combine cornflour and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat, then gradually stir in lemon juice and water and stir until smooth. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest, egg yolks and butter. Stir until melted. Cover with plastic wrap and cool to room temperature. When ready, add to buttercream, 1 tsp at a time, to taste.
- Finish with lemon curd on the top, and garnish with fresh raspberry and peppermint. Serve cool.
Each recipe includes photos & full instructions. These mini Lemon Drops are a perfect treat for lemon fans. Tiny lemon cakes are drenched in a mouthwatering lemon glaze making them delicious and addicting. Fresh lemon zest is the secret to incredible lemon flavor, so don't leave it out. If you love lemons, you are really in for a treat!