Vegan chilli con carne. Thank you Circulon for sponsoring this recipe! Today I'm going back to Last month, I posted a round-up of easy vegan weeknight dinners and was blown away by how popular it was! Our meatless, vegan chilli con carne is the only proof you need that vegan food can go toe to toe with meat dishes – and win.
This is a simple vegan chilli con 'carne' recipe. You can make a delicious meat-free hearty chilli with a mixture of pantry staples and fresh vegetables.chili con carne, vegan chili, one pot dish, vegan chilli con carne, chilli con carne. Find out how to make it at BBC Good Food. You can have Vegan chilli con carne using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Vegan chilli con carne
- You need 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or olive oil.
- It’s 1 of white onion, finely diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced.
- It’s 500 g of quorn mince.
- You need 2 of assorted peppers, sliced into chunks or finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of paprika (or hot paprika).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot or mild chilli powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle chilli flakes.
- You need 2 teaspoons of sliced pickled Jalapeño (any jar brand).
- It’s 2-3 teaspoons of granulated sugar.
- You need 400 g of can chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of vegetable cube stock.
- It’s 250-300 ml of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Prepare of to taste salt and pepper.
- Prepare 410 g of can red kidney beans, drained.
- You need 1 tbsp of cocoa powder, optional.
- It’s of To serve:.
- It’s of Steamed basmati rice.
- You need of Taco shells.
- Prepare of Soured cream.
- Prepare of Grated cheddar cheese.
Try our vegan chilli recipe from our sister title. This vegan chili always keeps me coming back for seconds without ever making me gain weight – one of the many things I love about a whole food plant-based diet. A delicious vegan chilli con carne recipe that's warming and comforting whilst being completely healthy and nutritious. Don't believe anyone that To me, this vegan chilli con carne is the definition of comfort food and it's so healthy!
Vegan chilli con carne instructions
- Add the oil and onions to a large pot or saucepan. On medium heat cook onions until soft and translucent..
- To the pot add garlic and fry until soft. Then add peppers and cook until softened. Now add the chilli, paprika, cumin, chipotle chilli flakes and cinnamon powder. Stir well and occasionally and cook for a further five minutes..
- Add the quorn mince to the mixture and stir till cooked through. Crumble vegetable stock cube and water into the pot..
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste, beans, Jalapeño, coco powder (optional) and season to taste (add more spices or salt and pepper if necessary) and stir. Bring to a boil and when it begins to bubble, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes..
- Serve with steam basmati rice or some taco shells and a dollop of soured cream. Tip: if there is any con carne left, once it has cooled place in ziplock bag or airtight food container and freeze for up to 3 months. Alternatively, keep in fridge and consume within 4 days..
recipe by DeanyEatsWorld @cookpad
High in fibre, protein, vitamins and minerals AND low in saturated. Chilli con carne is the affordable mid-week favourite that the whole family will love eating again and again. Serve this chilli with rice, on top of tortilla chips or wrapped. Whether you're vegan, vegetarian or carnivore, this vegan chilli con carne is full of big flavours and a very healthy dinner choice. This vegan chilli con carne is perfect for a healthy, meat-free meal.