Apple Cake with a Dutch touch.
You can make Apple Cake with a Dutch touch using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Cake with a Dutch touch
- You need 100 grams of (dark) raw sugar.
- You need 1 of satchet vanilla sugar.
- It’s 125 of cream butter.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 125 grams of flower (if self-raising flower, skip the baking powder).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2-3 of good-sized apples (fresh-sour like Goudreinet/Golden Reinette).
- You need of some normal sugar and cinnamon.
- You need 20-23 cm of springform.
- You need of optional :.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon for the apples (some juice and the grated peel).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of 'speculaas spices' or cinnamon for the dough.
Apple Cake with a Dutch touch step by step
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Soften the butter till almost liquid in a pan or microwave and put in a large round bowl suitable for mixing.
- Add the dark sugar with the vanilla sugar and mix smooth.
- Add the eggs one by one and mix smooth, if possible electrical.
- Mix the flower with the baking powder and salt (if you use the cinnamon or speculaas spices, mix them in now), then use a sieve to sieve it over the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.
- Now use a spatula to manually fold and mix it in together smooth.
- Peel the apples, remove the core and cut into pieces (if you use the lemon sprinkle the juice and grated peel over the apple).
- Grease the whole inside of the springform with butter and add some flower. Move the springform around so the flower shortly has touched the butter surface and sticks all around.
- Add the dough to the springform and try to make an even layer that touches the edges using the spatula or another suitable tool.
- Add the pieces of apple as one layer on top of the dough but make sure there is a 1cm free space all around the edges.
- Sprinkle a little normal sugar with cinnamon over the apples.
- Put in the pre-heated oven for 35 minutes.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes, then remove spring.
- Ready to eat after another 40-50 minutes of cooling down.
- If you can manage to keep it longer than a day, put in fridge.