Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan.
Ingredients of Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Uncooked long grain white rice.
- You need 4 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vietnamese Cinnamon (Ideally use Mexican cinnamon but this was all i had at home and worked just fine).
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla Bean Paste (or you can use Mexican vanilla).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of White Granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 can of Evaporated milk(optional, ommit for vegan /dairy free version, i promise you wont miss it!!!).
Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan instructions
- soak rice in water and cinnamon overnight..
- the next day pour the rice and soaking water into the blender. I use a Vitamix blender because it pulverizes the rice very well. blend away then add vanilla, sugar and evaporated milk if you're using it and blend again..
- You can strain it through a cheese cloth if you would like but I prefer the slightly thicker consistency from keeping all the rice in the drink. Now let chill in the fridge. Serve over ice with your favorite Mexican dish!!! enjoy!.
recipe by heidisweets @cookpad