Are you tired of the same old boring side dishes? Do you want to add a little pizzazz to your dinner table? Look no further than this recipe for the best string beans with bread crumbs. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also easy to make and packed with nutrients. Plus, with 142 DIY recipes to choose from, you’ll never run out of new dishes to try.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread the green beans out on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the green beans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the bread crumbs are golden brown and the green beans are tender.
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 320mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 4g
- Baking sheet
- Small bowl
This dish is perfect as a side for dinner. Serve it with roasted chicken or grilled fish for a healthy and delicious meal.
Try adding some grated Parmesan cheese to the bread crumb mixture for an extra cheesy flavor. You can also use different types of bread crumbs, such as panko or whole wheat, for a different texture.
If you don’t have fresh green beans, you can use frozen green beans instead. Just be sure to thaw them before using. You can also use different types of oil, such as vegetable or canola, if you don’t have olive oil on hand.
This dish is best served fresh out of the oven, but you can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Make sure to spread the green beans out on the baking sheet so that they cook evenly.
- If you want extra crispy bread crumbs, broil the dish for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
- Feel free to adjust the seasoning to your taste. Add more or less garlic powder, salt, or black pepper as desired.
This dish is gluten-free if you use gluten-free bread crumbs.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use canned green beans instead of fresh?
While you can use canned green beans, they won’t have the same texture as fresh green beans. If you do use canned green beans, be sure to drain them well before using.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
You can prep the dish ahead of time by trimming the green beans and mixing the bread crumb mixture. When you’re ready to cook, just sprinkle the bread crumbs over the green beans and bake as directed.
This recipe for the best string beans with bread crumbs is one of my go-to side dishes. It’s so easy to make, but it looks and tastes like it took a lot of effort. Plus, the combination of crispy bread crumbs and tender green beans is just heavenly. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try.