Cinnamon date pecan rolls.
You can make Cinnamon date pecan rolls using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon date pecan rolls
- It’s of (Dough).
- You need 1 package of dry yeast.
- It’s 1 cup of warm milk (120 -130 degrees).
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter melted.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 4 cups of flour.
- You need of (filling).
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter soft.
- Prepare 6 of med dated pitted and diced.
- You need of TOPPING (it goes on the bottom).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- It’s 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- You need 5 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
Cinnamon date pecan rolls step by step
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk in a large mixing bowl..
- Add sugar, melted butter, salt, eggs and flour, mix well. *I used the dough hook on my mixer.
- Place in a well greased bowl for about 1.5 hours or until dough doubles in size. Cover with a damp towel..
- Roll dough (adding additional flour if its too sticky) out on a flowered surface about 21 x 16 inches..
- Make the filling by adding the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread the softened butter all over the dough, then sprinkle with the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture, then sprinkle the chopped dates..
- Working carefully, from the long edge roll it tightly to the bottom edge and punch it closed..
- Cut dough in to 15 equal slices..
- Now prepare the topping by melting the butter in a large saute pan, then add the water then the sugar(s) mix well soon as it thickens pout it in the baking pan. (I used an over sized cake pan.).
- Place the slices of dough in 3 rows of 5. spray with food release, then cover with a damp towel and let it raise again to almost double..
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees, place rolls in over and cook approx 20 – 25 mins. They will be med brown on top, but check to make sure their done before removing from oven..
- Once done let them sit about 10 minuted, then turn them over in to a baking pan or serving pan, the bottom will now be the top!.
recipe by ChefJohn @cookpad