Vickys Pina Colada Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Pina Colada Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vickys Pina Colada Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 225 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
- You need 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of bicarbonate of soda / baking soda.
- You need 60 g of gold foil Stork block margarine.
- You need 150 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 150 g of pineapple chunks, drained.
- You need 80 ml of fresh pineapple juice.
- Prepare 80 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of rum extract.
- Prepare of for the Buttercream.
- Prepare 150 g of gold foil Stork block margarine.
- Prepare 350 g of icing sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla / coconut extract.
- It’s of for the Garnish.
- You need 60 g of desiccated coconut.
- Prepare 12 of marachino cocktail cherries.
- Prepare 12 of pineapple chunks.
- Prepare 12 of cocktail umbrellas.
Vickys Pina Colada Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and line a 12 hole cupcake tin / muffin with paper cases.
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum if using, baking powder and bicarb together.
- Cream together the sugar and margarine.
- Put the pineapple chunks, juice, coconut milk, lemon juice and rum essence in a blender and puree.
- Add it to the creamed margarine & sugar. The mixture will look curdled. Don't worry!.
- Add into the flour mixture gradually as to avoid the batter clumping.
- Once it's all mixed in, divide equally between the paper cases.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until firm and risen. FYI if you use a muffin tin rather than a cupcake tray they will appear taller and not as spread out.
- Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes then remove the cakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream. Cream together the icing sugar and margarine until light.
- Add the coconut milk and vanilla extract to loosen to a piping consistency and ice the cakes.
- Sprinkle the desiccated coconut over the buttercream.
- Add a cherry and a pineapple chunk on top with a trimmed cocktail umbrella for garnish.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad