Fried Rice (Vegan).
You can cook Fried Rice (Vegan) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Rice (Vegan)
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Uncooked Brown Rice.
- It’s 3 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 medium of Chopped Onion.
- Prepare 4 clove of Grated Garlic.
- You need 5 tbsp of Bragg Amino Acids.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Miso Paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 1 packages of Mixed Vegetables (Peas and Carrots).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Grated Ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Curry Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
Fried Rice (Vegan) instructions
- Add rice and water to a medium sized pan and cook over medium heat. Rice is finished when all the water is absorbed and the texture of the rice is soft. It should take about 30 minutes to cook. You may need to add more water if the rice is uncooked..
- While the rice is cooking chop onions and grate garlic and ginger..
- Add 1T of oil to a wok over medium heat. Once hot ad the onions and garlic and saut? for 3 minutes. Onions and garlic should be translucent and soft (be careful not to burn)..
- Add Miso Paste and 2T of Amino Acids. Stir mixture together. It should form a paste. Cook the mixture, stirring often, until the mixture begins to brown..
- Add remaining oil to mixture and stir in the cooked rice. Incorporate the rice and the onion mixture completely. Allow the rice to stick to the bottom of the wok slightly (this gives it that fried taste)..
- Once the rice has had a chance to absorb the flavors of then onion mixture add the curry powder, garlic powder, remaining amino acids and mixed vegetables. Stir completely..
- Next add the ginger and stir again. Cover the wok and let it cook over medium heat until the vegetables are warmed through (about 20 minutes). Stir occasionally to keep the rice from sticking to the wok. You may need to add a little water (1/4 cup) to steam the dish and cook it through..
- Taste the dish. I season to taste. You may need to add chilli powder for a little kick, more garlic powder, or more curry powder. Season to taste but remember you can always add more, you can't take it out once it is in there..
- Serve it up hot! Enjoy..
recipe by Donavon Roberson @cookpad