Sausage roll. A sausage roll is a savoury pastry snack, popular in Commonwealth nations. They are sold at retail outlets and are also available from bakeries as a take-away food. Sausage rolls are a staple of both British and Irish food, so common that it is easy to forget what clever things they are.
Can anyone resist a sausage roll? Our sausage roll recipes make the perfect party canapé and we even have a dinner party centrepiece. Sausage rolls make a great picnic or buffet snack and are delicious either hot or cold. You can cook Sausage roll using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Sausage roll
- Prepare 1 of and a half cup flour.
- It’s pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Yeast.
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of Milk.
- Prepare of Sausage links 9 pieces.
I have been making my own Sausage Rolls for years, and I noticed that the original recipe had excluded onions. I hope you enjoy this easy Sausage Rolls recipe! These flaky pastries stuffed with spiced sausage bake up golden brown and are delicious. Roll out purchased puff pastry dough or make your own and. 🎦 Sausage roll.
Sausage roll instructions
- Add yeast and sugar 2geda with the milk and mix 2geda and leave 4 about 2-5mins aside until well activated.
- In another bowl, mix your dry ingredients add flour, salt, sugar mix 2geda n set aside.
- Check d yeast if it foams it is good, then add butter and 1 egg into d dry ingredients mixture n yeast. mix 2geda using hands until soft dough is formed.
- Turn d dough into a floured work surface n knead d dough 4 atleast 7 to 8mins until smooth n elastic.
- Transfer d dough into a large bowl n rub the dough with some melted butter or cooking oil to prevent d dough from sticking around d bowl. Cover it up to rise 4 about 1 hour or until it doubled in size.
- While d dough is resting, cook sausage links in boiling water for 7mins and set aside 2 cool.
- Prepare your baking tray by rubbing butter n dusting with flour evenly around d pan 2 prevent it from sticking.
- Check your dough, punch down d dough 2 remove excess trapped air, transfer to your work surface n sprinkle d work surface with flour, divide d dough into 10 equal parts take each piece of cut out dough n roll them out into a slightly thick long roll.
- Roll d dough out and wrap it around d sausage until you are done with all d sausage one by one by leaving spaces at both ends of the sausage bcoz d dough will rise one more time b4 baking.
- Arrange d sausage roll on d baking tray n cover, allow to rise for another 30 mins. After done, brush the sausage with egg wash (mixture of 1 egg n 1 tbsp of water)..
- Bake d sausage for about 12mins or until golden brown.
Sausage Roll is a Brisbane, Australia, based pop-press catered for an international Audience. We try our best to engage with and promote artists and content creators from all around Australia. Sausage Rolls are a must-have for potlucks, Game Day parties, and holiday gatherings. Made with pizza dough and fresh sausages, they're like grown-up pigs in a blanket! Easy, filling and perfect for parties these Sausage Rolls are savory, meaty and full of just the right.