Tapas x 2: garlic and ham mushrooms & spicy prawns.
You can cook Tapas x 2: garlic and ham mushrooms & spicy prawns using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Tapas x 2: garlic and ham mushrooms & spicy prawns
- You need of Mushrooms.
- You need 150 g of Spanish ham (jamon serrano).
- It’s 450 g of white button mushrooms, scrubbed and stems trimmed.
- It’s 8 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare of Chopped fresh Italian parsley.
- You need of Prawns.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 450 g of prawns, headless and easy-peel.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of smoky paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brandy.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- You need of Chopped fresh Italian parsley.
Tapas x 2: garlic and ham mushrooms & spicy prawns instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Lay the ham in a single layer on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until crisp. Let cool. Chop the ham into bite-sized pieces..
- Add a good glug of olive oil to a medium pan on medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and fry for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and shallot and fry another 1 minute..
- Sprinkle the chili powder and paprika onto the mushrooms, and toss to coat. Add the chicken stock, cream, a pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Add the chopped ham, then turn the heat down to minimum while you cook the prawns..
- Add a good glug of olive oil to a second medium pan on medium-high heat. Add the tomato paste, garlic, and pepper flakes and let fry for 1 minute..
- Add the prawns (I don't peel them) and paprika to the pan. Toss to coat the prawns in the spicy oil. Add the brandy and lemon juice and simmer just until the prawns are uniformly pink. Add salt and pepper to taste. This entire step should take no more than 5 minutes..
- Toss chopped parsley into both pans, then plate the mushrooms and prawns in their own bowls. Sprinkle with more chopped parsley. Serve with crusty bread..
recipe by Robert Gonzal @cookpad