Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta.
You can make Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta
- Prepare 1 bag of dried hurst 15 bean soup mix with seasoning packet.
- You need of Optional 👇.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda plus enough water to soak beans overnight.
- Prepare 2 cups of diced ham or 2 to 3 ham hocks.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots peeled and diced.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 (14.5 oz) of can Italian flavored diced tomatoes or use petite >.
- You need of tomatoes with 1 tsp. Italian seasonings mixed in.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 3 cups of chopped kale.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon juiced.
- You need 2 tsp. of hot sauce.
- Prepare of (Optional)1 1/2 cups ditalina pasta.
- You need of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta instructions
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and either add to slow cooker or to a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let it sit overnight it's optional but i prefer it..
- If you soaked the beans give them a quick rinse and add to slow cooker.
- Add in ham, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, butter, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, broth and water.
- Cover slow cooker and don't open lid while cooking. Set on high for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove bay leaf and shred ham hocks if used and discard bone and add in tomatoes, hot sauce, kale, salt, lemon juice and pasta if adding. Stir up and cover and cook for 20 more minutes and then stir in flavor packet that was in with the beans. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese if desired. It's also great with buttered cornbread on the side. Enjoy !.
recipe by carrie @cookpad