Mexican Rice – Arroz Mexicano.
You can make Mexican Rice – Arroz Mexicano using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice – Arroz Mexicano
- Prepare 2 cup of basmati rice (rinsed, soaked).
- You need 8 oz of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 3 cup of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 large of tomato (chopped).
- You need 4 of scallions (roughly chopped).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground coriander seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt (or more to taste).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of freshly ground pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of serrano chile (minced; optional).
Mexican Rice – Arroz Mexicano instructions
- Rinse the basmati rice with cool water until the water runs clear. Place in a large bowl with plenty of cool water and let soak for 30 minutes. Drain..
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large saucepan. Add rice and coat well with the oil. Toast for a few minutes until rice begins to brown..
- Add fresh chopped tomato (and optional minced serrano). Sauté until tomato has softened..
- Add the tomato sauce, broth and all the spices. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to heat to low. Simmer on low for 15 minutes..
- Test a grain to make sure it is cooked thoroughly. If need, extend cooking time by 2 minutes..
- Once cooked through, open the lid and scatter chopped scallions evenly over the top of the rice. Replace the lid and let stand for 5 minutes..
- Gently fluff the rice and mix the wilted scallions in well. Don't mix aggressively or the grains will mash. Let stand for a minimum of 5 minutes so excess moisture will evaporate..
- Serve and enjoy! Goes great with thinly sliced scallions on top!.
recipe by Izandro @cookpad