Rice & Orzo Pilaf.
You can have Rice & Orzo Pilaf using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Rice & Orzo Pilaf
- It’s of basic orzo & rice pilaf.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of orzo pasta.
- Prepare 1 cup of basmati rice (rinsed & soaked well).
- You need 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 3 cup of vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1/4 tsp of thyme (dried or fresh).
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried parsley (use up to 1 tablespoon if using fresh parsley).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutritional yeast.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare of optional ingredients.
- Prepare 2 tsp of white miso paste.
- It’s 4 oz of chopped mushrooms.
Rice & Orzo Pilaf instructions
- Rinse the basmati rice until water runs clear. Then place the rice in a large bowl of water to soak for 30 minutes. Drain..
- Add all of the ingredients except the rice, orzo, mushrooms (optional) and olive oil to a small saucepan. Bring to a low simmer. If using miso paste, add to saucepan and make certain to whisk well..
- Preheat olive oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add the orzo pasta and sauté until lightly golden. Add drained rice and coat well with the olive oil. Sauté for another few minutes until excess moisture is cooked off and rice has begun to brown..
- Add the simmering liquid to the rice and orzo mixture. This should come back to a boil very quickly. Use caution while transferring liquid; it is very hot and has a tendency to splash and sputter. Give a quick mix and cover. Bring heat down to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes..
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes to absorb any additional liquid. Then remove the lid, and let the pilaf sit for 5 minutes to allow excess moisture to evaporate..
- Fluff the pilaf and enjoy!.
recipe by Izandro @cookpad